Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Month and Counting...

Jett is already six weeks old and I am already so sad about how fast the time has gone by!  When people tell me how much he has grown I don't like it!  I know I should be happy about that because it means he is a healthy growing baby boy, but I just want him to stay small forever.  He smiled at me and his daddy yesterday (11/16/2011) for the first time.  This was the first smile that was real rather than from gas or other issues! lol  It was such a euphoric feeling for me because I felt like he was telling me that he loved me for the first time!  I texted everyone and called Shawn as soon as he did it!  As soon as Shawn got him he gave him a smile very quickly, so he didn't feel left out I suppose. :)  That's one smart fella if you ask me!

Transition Stage:
At the 5-6 week mark we are struggling to find clothes that fit.  Newborn clothes are too small and 0-3 month clothes are too big, so we are definitely in between sizes.  We are dealing with the same problem with his diapers, he is in between a Newborn and a size 1.  Another reason that I get sad.....I still don't want him to grow up.  I am afraid I am going to look up and he will be in college tomorrow!

Sleeping Habits:
Jett loves to sleep in the day and then stay wide awake from about 9:00-1:00 A.M.  After I finally get him down, he sleeps for a good 4 hours and then we are back up around 5:00-6:00.  Every feeding and diaper change in the middle of the night take roughly an hour to complete.  I have adapted for now, but I am not looking forward to the adjustment that I have to make when I go back to work in a week and a half.  Shawn will help if I jab him in the ribs but the poor guy would sleep through a bulldozer slamming into our house.  So, I guess I will have to do a lot more jabbing in the near future when we are both back at work full time.

1 Month Picture Session:
Round 1
     



Round 2
(lighting wasn't good and he wasn't a happy camper, but we got some)!








After researching cool ways to record each month on Pinterest.com, I just couldn't decide my favorite way.  So we are experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment