Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Crochet Hats

So...since the beginning of the summer I have decided to keep myself busy with arts and crafts.  I have become addicted to blogs, facebook photography pages, and pinterest in the mean time.  Joann's Craft Store must be loving me, because last week they had their Firefly Frenzy Sale....basically the entire store was on sale!  I really think I was in there 4 out of 7 days last week. 

I decided to learn how to crochet baby hats.....not the easiest task in the world!  My mom made my nephew a little bear hat and it turned out precious.  My sweet neighbor made our little one on the way a pumpkin beanie and then one of my students made him one as well!  I thought, O.K. how hard can this really be, surely I can do it!  Well... it isn't that easy!  I bought a book that supposedly teaches you how to crochet, and the pictures are more confusing than reading a new language.  Then I decided to digress to youtube.com.  I thought I could do the same one my mom did and I even tried it twice with two different types of yarn.  I ended up getting all tense in my shoulders and my fingers would hurt.  Honestly it was very stressful!!  I then gave up on that video and moved on! 

I have since found a puff stitch baby hat that I thought looked easy enough, and to my amazement I actually did it!  I haven't completely finished yet, because I want to add a brim, but it actually looks like a hat!  I am so proud.

Since the huge success, I have no found a baby cocoon tutorial and an elf hat tutorial.  Maybe I'll have them complete before the baby arrives! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment